REACH Awards 2019
Back in March, we held our Recognition of Excellence and Achievement in Community Healthcare (REACH) Awards , to recognise the dedication, skill and commitment our staff.
We had almost 300 nominations for individuals and teams from across NCH&C who work in both clinical and business services settings. Each winner was presented with a trophy by Karl Minns, comedy writer for TV, radio, stage, print and sketch duo The Nimmo Twins, during a ceremony at Holiday Inn, Norwich North. It was an amazing opportunity to thank staff for going above and beyond in their roles.
Our Chief Executive, Josie Spencer said: “It is so important to celebrate how our staff make a real difference to the lives of our patients. Saying ‘thank you’ on behalf of NCH&C and on behalf of our patients shows our staff just how much they are valued. I was honoured to be part of such a special evening and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of the winners.”
The 2019 REACH Award winners were:
- Emerging Talent – Rebecca Russell, Community Nurse
- Apprentice of the Year – Giusy Angelini, Commercial and Business Development Apprentice
- Excellence Award – Clinical – Annette Paul, Continence Service Lead
- Excellence Award – Business Services – Steven Worley, Procurement Improvement and Development Manager
- Innovation Award – Clinical – Louise Gilbert, Advanced Specialist Physiotherapist ESD for Stroke Norfolk
- Innovation Award – Business Services – Adam Fisher, Procurement Systems Manager and Luke Moore, Project Manager
- Partnership Working (Sponsored by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust Charitable Fund) – Children’s Services – Service & Clinical Leads
- Inspirational Leader (Sponsored by Vision Logistics) – Fai de Main, Integrated Team Manager
- Mentor of the Year – Claire Mallet, Community Nurse
- Team of the Year – Clinical – Wheelchair Assessment Team
- Team of the Year – Business Services – The Temporary Worker Service
- Volunteer of the Year (Sponsored by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust Charitable Fund) – Dianne Palmer and Carol Brawn, Patient Assessors for PLACE
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Sponsored by Birketts) – Caroline Copping, Housekeeper
- Unsung Hero Award – Donna Todd, Community Assistant Practitioner
- Patient Choice Award – Community Neurology Team (West Norfolk)
- CEO Award – Liz Gard, Charge Nurse
- Chair’s Award – Rosie Miller, Community Rehab
Anna Morgan, Director of Nursing and Quality, was also awarded a Special Recognition Award by NCH&C Chair, Geraldine Broderick for her contribution to enabling NCH&C to become the first community NHS trust in the country to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating last year.
Know someone who deserves recognition for going above and beyond in their role at NCH&C? Make sure to nominate them for a REACH 2020 Award – watch this space for details of when the nominations open.